University of Southern CaliforniaUSC
USC ICT TwitterUSC ICT FacebookUSC ICT YouTube

Building error on both Ubuntu 12.04(32bits) and 12.10(64bits). | General SmartBody Discussion | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Building error on both Ubuntu 12.04(32bits) and 12.10(64bits).
March 17, 2014
2:53 am
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Dear All,

I am trying to build and install SmartBody-r5303 on both Ubuntu 12.04(32bits) and 12.10(64bits).  It would be important to mention that I run

$ sudo apt-get install activemq

successfully and then I tried to build without success, so I proceed to follow the below commands

$tar -xvzf activemq-cpp-library-3.8.1-src.tar.gz
$cd activemq-cpp-library-3.8.1
$./configure --disable-ssl
$make -j8
$sudo make install

While building source code the same error is presented in both versions:

$ make install
Scanning dependencies of target vhcl
[ 0%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/Pow2Assert.cpp.o
[ 1%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_audio.cpp.o
[ 1%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_crash.cpp.o
[ 1%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_log.cpp.o
[ 1%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_math.cpp.o
[ 1%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_memory.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_socket.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_string.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object src/vhcl/CMakeFiles/vhcl.dir/vhcl_timer.cpp.o
Linking CXX static library libvhcl.a
[ 2%] Built target vhcl
Scanning dependencies of target vhmsg
[ 2%] Building CXX object src/vhmsg/CMakeFiles/vhmsg.dir/HttpUtility.cpp.o
[ 2%] Building CXX object src/vhmsg/CMakeFiles/vhmsg.dir/vhmsg.cpp.o
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/vhmsg/vhmsg.cpp:45:42: fatal error: activemq/library/ActiveMQCPP.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [src/vhmsg/CMakeFiles/vhmsg.dir/vhmsg.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/vhmsg/CMakeFiles/vhmsg.dir/all] Error 2
make:*** [all] Error 2

I would very much appreciate any help of guidance that you can provide.

Yours sincerely,

MA

March 17, 2014
5:26 pm
Admin
Forum Posts: 983

in the file lib/vhmsg/vhmsg-c/CMakeList.txt, there is a line that includes the activemq libraries. Make sure that it points to the version that you have installed. It looks like this right now (line 14);

include_directories(/usr/local/include/activemq-cpp-3.4.4)

since you are installing activemq version 3.8.1, you might need to change it to this:

include_directories(/usr/local/include/activemq-cpp-3.8.1)

Does that work?

Ari

March 18, 2014
8:15 am
Members

Dear Ari,

Your previous advice worked quite well, however, another building error has bumped into:

[ 55%] Building CXX object src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/controllers/me_ct_simple_gaze.cpp.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/controllers/me_ct_tether.cpp.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/controllers/me_ct_ublas.cpp.o
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/controllers/me_ct_ublas.cpp:3:48: fatal error: boost/numeric/bindings/blas/blas.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/controllers/me_ct_ublas.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Henceforth, I solved previous building error by installing boost_1_55_0 [1] and then copying the boost numeric bindings directory [2].

Now, I am stuck with the following building error which I tried to solve by installing and building with first zlib-1.2.5 and zlib-1.2.8 and neither of them worked. This is the terminal output:

$ make install

[ 64%] Building CXX object src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/sb/DefaultAttributeTable.cpp.o
[ 65%] Building CXX object src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/sb/SBScene.cpp.o
In file included from /home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zip.h:50:0,
                 from /home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/sb/SBScene.cpp:87:
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1583:39: error: declaration of C function ‘off_t gzseek64(gzFile, off_t, int)’ conflicts with
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1567:30: error: previous declaration ‘off64_t gzseek64(gzFile, off64_t, int)’ here
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1584:39: error: declaration of C function ‘off_t gztell64(gzFile)’ conflicts with
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1568:30: error: previous declaration ‘off64_t gztell64(gzFile)’ here
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1585:41: error: declaration of C function ‘off_t gzoffset64(gzFile)’ conflicts with
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1569:30: error: previous declaration ‘off64_t gzoffset64(gzFile)’ here
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1586:46: error: declaration of C function ‘uLong adler32_combine64(uLong, uLong, off_t)’ conflicts with
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1570:26: error: previous declaration ‘uLong adler32_combine64(uLong, uLong, off64_t)’ here
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1587:44: error: declaration of C function ‘uLong crc32_combine64(uLong, uLong, off_t)’ conflicts with
/home/mapx/development/smartbody/smartbody-r5303/src/SmartBody/./external/zlib-1.2.5/zlib.h:1571:26: error: previous declaration ‘uLong crc32_combine64(uLong, uLong, off64_t)’ here
make[2]: *** [src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/sb/SBScene.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/SmartBody/CMakeFiles/SmartBody.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any advice?

References

[1] http://particlephysicsandcode.com/2013/03/11/installing-boost-1-52-ubuntu-12-04-fedora/

[2] http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~glenpb/files/install_smartbody_dependancies

Yours sincerely,

MA

March 18, 2014
9:51 pm
Admin

Did you try to install the zlib package?

sudo apt-get install zlib1g

March 19, 2014
5:19 am
Members

Dear Ari,

SmartBody-rev5303 has been successfully build and installed on Ubuntu 12.10 (64bits) by building and installing boost_1_55_0 [1] and copying the boost numeric bindings [2], then a linking shared library issue had stopped the building process (/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses)  which was solved by typing $sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev.

(Now, I am facing a little problem with the gui which I am going to post on another post).

On the other hand, the building process on Ubuntu 12.04 is still facing the same previous building error even after running $sudo apt-get install zlib1g. It would be worth to solve it for probable future users who can have the same problem.

Yours sincerely,
MA

References
[1] http://particlephysicsandcode.com/2013/03/11/installing-boost-1-52-ubuntu-12-04-fedora/
[2] http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~glenpb/files/install_smartbody_dependancies

March 28, 2014
6:36 pm
Admin

I've distributed a new version of the linux SDK:

http://sourceforge.net/project.....z/download

which might solve some of the building problems.

Ari

May 11, 2014
11:55 pm
Members
Forum Posts: 1

I thik you must try to install the zlib package?